Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Good Wife Rocks

I just have to say that my wife is amazing. I met her when I was 17 years old, she became my high school sweetheart, my fiance and my wife. Most recently she has become the mother of my son and is such a delight to behold. I honestly have to make "hanging out with the guys" a discipline because I don't really want to hang out with anyone else most of the time...she rocks.

I was thinking about her yesterday and specifically prayed for her during my time of prayer. When I pray in my office I light an oil lamp that she gave me. It's made out of Mt. St. Helens ash from the eruption in 1980. Mt. St. Helens is where we met and I can still remember what she wore on that day. It wasn't love at first sight for either of us, but it was a life changing day. That oil lamp on my desk represents that beautiful encounter.

After my prayer time yesterday , I sat down and wrote her an email.

Hi my love...

I just got done praying during lunch and I thought and prayed about you a lot in my time w/ God. I want to let you know how proud I am of you.

I was thinking about the gals you walk around the mall with…they are so blessed to have you in their lives. They don’t even know what kind of an impact you are going to make on them. I have seen a new sense of passion and mission in your life. It inspires me.

You are such an incredible mother. Everyone loves little Ethan and his personality…he gets so much of that from you. He is so blessed to have such a loving mommy. I know he already senses how much you believe in him.

What an amazing wife you are to me. You have sacrificed so much for me to be able to chase after what I feel God is calling us to. You have left family, friends, and careers to let me pursue my dreams. I feel speechless when I think about how blessed I am to be your husband.

I don’t know all the details of the journey ahead, but I have a peace about it. One of the ways God reassures me is knowing you will be by my side every step of the way. I love you so much and love the life we have lived together. I look forward to the road ahead.

I love you and I’m proud of you.

An old biblical proverb says that "he who finds a wife finds a good thing." I think that is a pretty large understatement. Much of who I am today is because of Heather. I also know that much of who I am is because of my mother...the wife of my father. Women shape history and the role of being a wife is overlooked so much.

Simply put...A good wife rocks!

Bible Reference: Old Testament - Proverbs 18:22

No comments: