Friday, February 22, 2008

Ironman?

This morning I went running at the local high school track.  I ran a timed mile.  It was ugly.  I figured it's been 12 years since I timed a mile.  I have added roughly 3 minutes to my time...a minute every four years.  I can't believe I used to be a track athlete.  The invention of the desk was not the will of God.  It's no good getting out of shape. Hey Josh, I guess I'll actually commit and say that I'll train and run a triathlon with you.  The only thing I ask is that if I start drowning, you won't use it as an opportunity to put some distance between us.  Don't expect to see me in Kona any time soon.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

DUDE!! Ia m glad to hear it. I have a few on my calendar this summer that I think you would like and they are all on Saturdays so no Sunday AM conflicts. See you next Monday.

jay smith said...

What is it with hitting your 30's and starting to run? I never thought I was out of shape until I tried to run and felt like an obese rhino with one lung and a broken leg.

Run Forest Run!