Monday, April 28, 2008

Running Machine

I am so proud of my wife! She ran in her first long distance race this past weekend - The Tom Wales 5k run on Capitol Hill. She has been training with her buddies from high school as they prepare for a triathlon this summer. She ran a personal record on a pretty difficult course. I was very impressed. As awards were being given out, her name was picked in a raffle and she won a book. She wins everything! I'm waiting for her to win a trip to Hawaii. Until then, we will enjoy all the concerts, dinners and books we can handle. I am so proud of her and the dedication she has shown the past few months. She's an inspiration to me in all she does. She models what it means to worship God with the whole of your life and with the excellence that is pursued along the journey. She definitely gives God glory in all the facets of her life. It think it's time for God to reward her with a trip to Hawaii!

No comments: