Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lincoln Brewster in Grants Pass?

Lincoln Brewster was in none other than Grants Pass, Oregon. So, I connected up with Mike Johns his drummer. For those of you who know Kip John, Mike is Kip's son. Mike and I met in Colorado Springs a little over a year ago and we have sort of kept in touch since then. He was able to get Heather and me free tickets to the concert. It was amazing as usual. It was the first time I saw Norm Stockton with Linc. Norm is a monster bass player! He's a great addition to Linc's team and an absolute genuine worshiper of God. It was great getting to talk to Mike after the show as he told me about being Lincoln's full time drummer now and is also a full time intern at Bayside Church where Lincoln is the worship leader. As you can see, I was also able to talk to Lincoln for a little bit and got him a copy of Everlasting King. He has an amazing memory, and recalled our time together at worship camp and all about the church, studio and the Canvas team. He's a pretty unique and genuine person. I greatly respect him as a fellow leader of the local church and greater worship community. I encourage anyone to support his ministry by getting as much of his music as possible. Not only because he is honestly one of the greatest musicians in the industry, but because he believes in the local church and desires to see the truth of Christ reach every heart and soul. He's most definitely an inspiration to this generation and to the generations to come.

1 comment:

jay smith said...

But honestly, Linc's hair is rivaling the Tower of Babel.