Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yet Another Road Trip

Canvas packed up the circus for another road trip today.  We arrived in Yakima for Youth Leaders Summit around 5pm.  Aaron and I were asked to teach at the event and we decided to bring the whole Canvas team along for the ride.  I always think life is better with as many people along for the ride as possible.  It may be more pungent at times but in the end the memories out weigh the stench.  

Yakima isn't the exactly a destination location but somehow we seem to end up here quite often.  The "Welcome to Yakima" sign says it's the Palm Springs of Washington.  I guess that's true since they're both in the middle of nowhere.  Other than that, I don't see people booking trips to the Yak Valley in the dead of winter to escape the Seattle depression.  Oh Yakima, someday I'll write a song about you.  It will probably be as much of a hit as your eating establishments.  i guess that's a bit unfair.  I will give you one thing...Miner Burgers.  I hope to partake of your one saving grace for lunch tomorrow.

1 comment:

Annie Carmona said...

Hey Peter! I stumbled onto your page from someone else's...and it's awesome to hear some of the updates in your life! Keep changing the world, bro! Send my love to your wife...I sure miss you guys!