Saturday, March 29, 2008

Remodel Posse

I haven't blogged in a while because I have been hard at work with a remodel of our 1933 farm house.  My dad, who is on the brink of turning 70, is still kicking my tail when it comes to swinging a hammer.  He's quite the ox!  He's the only guy I know who has a PhD and can nail in a beam with either his right or left hand. He's been a God send in many seasons of my life.  On my right (the guy with the sledge hammer shot gun) is my on-call buddy Andy. He's also an ox and a great friend.  Most people probably don't know how much of a servant he is and how much he loves helping people.  He came over and helped lift the central beam of the house on Saturday. You can also see he has become a fellow white man afro advocate and on many occasions people ask us if we are brothers...even twins!  It's great to know that I have people in my life that are there when help is needed.  I have a feeling that if I were ever cornered in a dark alley somewhere, they wouldn't hesitate to throw down for me either.  I can tell you one thing...even though my dad is 70 and a faithful man of God, I wouldn't want to get in his face while he's holding his roofing hatchet.  What happens when you get in Dick Blue's grill...bad things man...bad things!  Kidding aside, he really loves people and is one of the most generous people I know.  He's one of my heroes.  

The house has made great progress the past three weeks and we had the final inspection two weeks ago.  We are done with the city and just have minor projects to finish from here on out. It's been great to see how God has already used the new space to facilitate relationship and community.  It's amazing to see people being the church in your own home...that's what it's all about.

Anyone reading is invited to our house warming party when everything gets finished up. However, that might be another year or so...don't tell Heather.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll admit it! I'm not ashamed!

I'm jealous of Andy's white-man fro!